Monday, August 3, 2015

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk

I love the way the entrance to the boardwalk looks!

Hello! I hope all of you are having a wonderful summer! I know I have really enjoyed spending time with family. Just a few weeks ago, some family members from Arizona came to visit and we decided to take them to the Boardwalk. Living so close to the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, has given me great childhood memories. I still get excited about it, or at least I thought so… I mean, I got all dolled up and everything to go! But once we got there, I began to notice that I wasn’t really seeing the boardwalk, at least not the way they were. I would look at certain attractions passively, and pass them by. Were as they would stop, and look with amazement. Even huge smiles of wonder and it was contagious! I began to see the Boardwalk with new eyes, their eyes, and I liked it.

¡Hola! ¡Ojala todos esten teniendo un verano maravilloso! Yo estoy disfrutando de pasar tiempo con familia. Solo unas semanas atrás, familia de Arizona vino a visitarnos  y decidimos llevarlos al Boardwalk. Viviendo tan cercas al Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, me dio tantas buenas memorias niña. Todavía me pongo emocionado sobre el, o así pensaba… hasta tome mi tiempo arreglando me y todo! Pero en cuando llegamos, note que no estaba viendo el parque de veras, al menos no como ellos. Miraba ciertas atracciones de manera pasiva, y los passava. Mientras que ellos paraban, y miraban con asombro. Hasta sonrisas gigantes ¡y era contagioso! Empecé a ver el Boardwalk con nuevos ojos, sus ojos, y me gusto.

Here is a view of the board walk from the wharf.

We arrived at the Boardwalk just in time! Sometimes the traffic can get pretty bad if you don’t get their early. As soon as we got out of the car I could hear the seagulls squawking, the latest pop music playing and screams from the brave souls on the famous wooden roller coaster, The Giant Dipper. We immediately went to make line for our wristbands and I had the worst luck! I was in line for an hour while everyone else went off on rides! But I didn’t let that keep me down, it was hard but I looked on the bright side. I was by the beach, at an amusement park on a beautiful sunny day.

¡Llegamos al Boardwalk en muy buen tiempo! A veces el tráfico se puede poner muy mal si no llegas temprano. En cuando sali del auto pude oír las gaviotas graznar, la más reciente música pop, y gritos de la gente valiente en la famosa montaña rusa de madera, The Giant Dipper. Imediatamente fuimos a hacer linea para nuestras pulseras ¡y tuve la peor suerte! Estuve en la línea por una hora ¡mientras que todos se fueron a las atracciones! Pero no deje que me ponera en mal humor, era duro pero mire el baso lleno. Estaba en la playa, en un parque de atracciones en un día soleado.


I love this picture! The colors are just gorgeous!

We passed this lovely picnic area on our way to the wharf, I just had to take a picture.

The entrance to the wharf, I wish I had thought to take a picture nearer the shops.

We passed by these boats on our way to meet everyone, I love the color yellow.

My boyfriend and I then decided to walk to the wharf. I loved our walk because we got to see so much of the park like rides, shops and lovely architecture. Not to mention all the yummy Boardwalk food. As we passed through, I could here the rides, swooshing down the tracks and smell the yummy food. They had so much delicious snacks, cotton candy, pretzels, corn, slurpees, ice cream and my favorite, a fried potato on a stick! Next we passed the shops, each building was a bright color which I really liked, it just makes everything look so picturesque. I couldn’t help but take a picture of the arches and pillars by the shops. I just thought it would make a great picture.

Mi novio y yo decidimos ir al muelle. Me encanto nuestra caminada porque vimos tanto del parque como las atracciones, tiendas y arquitectura. Y toda la comida rica del Boardwalk. Mientras que pasabamos, pude oír las atracciones, corriendo por sus caminos y oler la comida deliciosa. Tenían tantas botanas buenas, algodón azucarado, pretzels, maíz, slurpees, nieve y mi favorito, ¡una papa frita en un palo! Luego pasamos las tiendas, y cada una era un color brillante, esto me gusta mucho porque hace que todo se vea perfecto. No pude resistir tomar un foto de los arcos y los pilares cerca de las tiendas. Pensaba que hiciera un foto genial.


My boyfriend found this blue wall on the wharf and wanted a pic inf ront of it.

We shared a basked of fried Calamari with fries, it was actually pretty good!

I saw these Sea Lions over the edge of the pier, I kinda wanted to jump in with them! Doesn't this picture make you believe in mermaids?

Once on the wharf, there were more sights so see! And we got to see a lot of them because the restaurant we wanted to go to was all the way at the end. On our way there I got to window shop, taste a few food samples and enjoy the sunny day. For lunch we bought deep fried Calamari with fries and a drink. It was my first time trying Calamari, and boy was I glad when our order came! They didn’t look like a squid! Hahaha, even though I knew what it was, at least not being able to see it with my eyes made me brave enough to try it.

En el muelle, ¡habia tanto que ver! Y podimos ver todo porque el restaurante donde queríamos ir estaba hasta el otro lado. En nuestro camino hacia allí pude ver las tiendas, probar muestras de comida y disfrutar del día soleado. Para el almuerzo compramos Calamari frito, con papas fritas y una bebida. Era mi primera vez tratando Calamari, ¡y estaba tan feliz cuando nuestra orden llegó! ¡No se miraba como Calmar! Jajaja, aunque sabía lo que era, al menos no poder ver lo con mis ojos me hizo lo suficiente valiente para tratar lo.


Basking in the sun...

They made me want to take a nap too!

Under the pier! It looks magical!

As we walked back to the Boardwalk I took this picture.

After our meal we met up with everyone again on the wharf. They wanted to see the Sea Lions so we went down the stairs to a wooden platform that allows you to see the seals that sleep under the pier. They were barking at each other for this and that! Some looked so comfortable laying down. It made me wish I could take a nap too! We took pictures, snapchats… you name it! Can you guess what happened next? We walked all the way back to the boardwalk! I guess it does have the word walk in it. This time we went through the beach. We took off our sandals and walked by the shore line so we could feel the cool water on our feet. Then it was time to get on rides! I had forgotten how fun they all were, but by the end of the night, everyone's excitement had made me excited too, everything old was new! We got on our favorite ones two to three times. It was a great day!

Despues de nuestro almuerzo nos juntamos con todos en el muelle. Querían ver los Leones Marinos, y nos bajamos unas escaleras a una plataforma de madera donde se pueden ver los que se duermen debajo del muelle. Estaban ladrando ¡por una y otra cosa! Unos se miraban tan cómodos acostados. Me hicieron querer tomarme una siesta también! tomamos fotos, snapchats… todo! Pueden devenir lo que paso despues? ¡Caminamos otra vez hasta el boardwalk! Bueno si tiene la palabra walk en el nombre. Esta vez nos fuimos por la playa. Nos quitamos las sandalias y caminamo por la costa para poder tocar la agua con nuestros pies. ¡Entonces era tiempo de subirnos en atracciones! Me habia olvidado que divertidos eran, pero para el anochecer, la emoción de todos, me habia hecho emocionada tambien. ¡Todo lo viejo era nuevo otra vez! Nos subimos a nuestras favoritas atracciones dos o tres veces. ¡Era un día genial!

I love this ride! You get to see such amazing views.

Isn't this picture gorgeous! This ride was very fun, I eventually did open my eyes...

So, I sat out this ride but they seemed to like it.

One of the classic rides, "Train Adventure," it looks very 80's inside.


Do you like going to boardwalks or amusement parks? ¿Les gusta ir a boardwalks o parques de atracción?

Love,

Perla Sanchez


My newest YouTube video!


My latest Vlog!

No comments:

Post a Comment